Need a quick, hearty, and inexpensive dinner idea? Maybe you need something to share at a potluck. This Turkey Chili only takes about 30 minutes to prepare and works wonderfully if you need to make it the day ahead to serve later in a crock pot. With just the right amount of heat, this turkey chili recipe is a crowd pleaser, perfect for any party. Try pairing this delicious dish with either rice, cornbread, or tortilla chips. The total for this recipe came out to $5.46!
Prep. Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
A hearty turkey chili perfect for any occasion.
- ½ a package ground turkey ($1.00)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ an onion, finely chopped ($.25)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ($.15)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sticks celery, chopped ($.20)
- 1 can tomato soup ($1.09)
- 1 can black beans, drained ($.79)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained ($.79)
- 1 can corn, drained ($.79)
- Rice ($.40)
Put rice on to cook. In a separate large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add onion with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and cook for three minutes. Add garlic, then chili powder, more salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add turkey to brown, then celery. Add tomato soup, canned beans and corn. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes. Serve with rice.