5 Easy & Inexpensive Last Minute Father’s Day Gifts

Father’s Day is just a few days away and maybe you haven’t had time to get a gift either for your dad or for your husband. Have no fear — we have some ideas for you to make those men in your life feel special.

dad and daughter fishing

In a recent poll of the dads at Clearpoint Credit Counseling Solutions, each dad was asked to answer the question, “What is the best Father’s Day gift you have ever received?” Surprisingly, 87% of the replies were either quality time, free time or a handmade gift. The other 13% were thoughtful gifts the children or spouses knew they would love.

Based on their answers, we have some thoughtful, easy suggestions to make this Father’s Day special for the dads in your life.

1. Spend quality time with him.

family playing board game

Plan an afternoon at the park, play a board game, go fishing, or do whatever your dad enjoys. You know your dad best. Take care of all the planning and allow him to relax and just enjoy your company.

2. Make him his favorite meal.

steak dinner

There’s something about the saying “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” One special thing you could do for your dad is prepare breakfast, lunch, or dinner for him. If your kids are little, then just having them help and give dad a little free time would be a blessing.

3. Give him a framed picture or an original poem.

family photos

Dads love to know they are admired and honored by their kids. It is inexpensive to have some pictures printed and put in a frame to give to him. It will mean the world to him and be something he can enjoy for years to come.

4. Give dad a day off.

tv remote

Let dad sleep in. Plan activities for the kids so that he doesn’t have the responsibility of parenting for the day. Get a sitter or plan an activity he enjoys to go out and do for a day with his buddies.

5. If you are going to get him something, get him something meaningful.

autographed football

One dad’s favorite gift was an autographed football from a player on his favorite football team; another’s was a large print bible.

Again, every dad is going to have certain things he likes and would enjoy more than others. Spend some time thinking about your dad and what he enjoys. Know that your company or a simple thoughtful gift will last longer and be more meaningful than any object you could buy.

Finances a problem?

Dads have a lot going on, and sometimes finances aren’t the highest priority. Clearpoint is a fabulous place to begin your journey to financial freedom.  This is another possible gift you can give yourself or the dads in your life. If you want to learn more you can get started here.

Happy Father’s Day to all you Super Dads out there!

Courtney is Clearpoint's Social Media Specialist, a mom of two boys, married to her high school sweetheart, introverted by nature and a lover of music, movies, coffee and all things Asian. People and their behavior is her specialty; helping others is her passion.

Want help with your budget?

Our counselors will review your budget, credit score and credit report with you for free.

Get Started

Become a Subscriber

Get the latest credit news and money management tips sent directly to your inbox.

Read More Like This

Comments

Leave feedback or ask a question.

No responses to “5 Easy & Inexpensive Last Minute Father’s Day Gifts”

Add a comment

Your email address will only be used if we need to contact you about your post. It will not be made public or used for marketing purposes without your permission.